Who we are:
RedLux (www.redlux.net) are a world-leading SME who design and manufacture state-of-the-art coordinate measuring machines for use in such fields as medical devices, optics, automotive and aerospace. We are looking for an experienced Product Support Engineer seeking their next challenge.
The Product Support Engineer (PSE) in Operations, is responsible for supporting the full product delivery life-cycle from incoming component inspection through assembly, configuration, testing, commissioning, customer training, servicing and ongoing customer support. The PSE will support the R&D team with product development activities when required.
The PSE works within the Operations function, and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Key duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Assembly and Alignment of Machines
- Assemble machinery
- Perform critical alignment and tuning
- Create and execute work instructions
- Create risk assessments
- Manage tools
- System Testing and Validation
- Perform software verification testing
- Execute factory acceptance tests (FAT).
- Commissioning and Training
- Engage with customers over access requirements for site visits
- Perform installation and execute site acceptance tests (SAT)
- Train customers on machine usage and basic troubleshooting
- Customer Support
- First line customer support (customer facing)
- Raising and managing support tickets
- Planning support at customer sites (travel, tools, parts etc)
- Servicing and planned maintenance of machines
- Electro-Mechanical R&D Support
- Making and designing machine sub-assemblies in line with internal development standards
- Assembling and Testing Machines, Jigs and Rigs
- Measuring Customer Parts
- Performing “design for manufacture analysis” (DFMA)
- Quality Assurance
- Running the goods in process
- Performing incoming inspections
- Managing defects
The candidate is expected to support the ISO9001 Quality Assurance business goal by creating and working within defined processes and procedures.
Primary Location of Post:
RedLux Head Office. Romsey, United Kingdom
Travel (international and domestic) is required for this role, possibly at short notice.
Key Qualifications/Experience: (E)= Essential (HD) = Highly Desirable (D) = Desirable
- Academic background in engineering, physics or related discipline (E).
- At least 2 years’ experience as an engineer in an electro-mechanical, automation, robotics or metrology role in an industrial context with hands-on experience in building prototypes or full systems (E).
- Fluent written and spoken English (E).
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting technical drawings (HD).
- Ability to create 3D CAD models and generate drawings (D)
- Good working knowledge of GD&T (D).
- Experience with precision engineering concepts (D).
- Familiarity with the Machinery Directive and machine safety (D).
- Good awareness of development life cycle and agile development methods (D)
- Familiarity with 3D geometric data and data processing (D).
- Knowledge of programming, preferably in C# (D).
Key Business Attributes:
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to customer information and RedLux intellectual property (E).
- Attention to fine detail and quality at all times (E).
- Ability to manage and plan work to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities (E).
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with suppliers, customers and colleagues (E).
- Highly self-motivated individual capable of working with minimum supervision, individually and as part of a team, in a dynamic environment (E).
- Able to work to tight timescales and under pressure (E).
- A flexible approach to work in line with the company handbook. (E)