Closing Date: 25/11/2019
Senior NDT Technician
TWI / PI
TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives. Over the past years, we have delivered significant and sustained growth and are seeking a talented individual to enter this fast-moving team environment to underpin and drive our technical excellence and expanding market share.
TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
We are looking to appoint Senior NDT Site Technician in Plant Integrity Ltd. (a wholly own subsidiary of TWI Ltd.) within the NDT Section. Applications welcomed from candidates with demonstrable knowledge and experience of NDT, particularly in onsite environments.
The successful candidate will:
• Work as part of a team with TWI/Pi colleagues and/or external NDT contractors
• Undertake lone or team working and be able to travel at short notice to deliver site inspection services
• Undertake medium term projects including weekends (usually a maximum of 8 weeks)
• Ability to take on difficult working conditions such as working at height or in Confined Spaces
• Undertake further training in other NDT methods and associated inspection activities
• Manage relationships with current clients and begin to develop new key clients through the delivery of quality NDT services.
• Be a self-starter, innovative, a problem solver and must have a strong work ethic.
• Have report writing skills along with excellent communication skills
• Be computer literate and familiarity with MS office software packages
• Conduct themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
• A range of NDT inspection services with a focus on guide wave UT using the Teletest LRUT system, including associated NDT methods on site in the UK and overseas.
Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic Testing (MT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT) all Level 2 iaw ISO 9712 (PCN/CSWIP/or equivalent) are essential. Additionally, Guided Wave UT and/or Phased Array UT is desirable, but training provided in these methods if not held.
A minimum of two years industrial site experience is required in O&G, Petro-chemical or similar.
Please Note that candidates require a valid full driving licence and eligibility for Security Clearance vetting
Project activities will take place both in the UK and globally, so a fully flexible approach to working hours and travel is essential for all roles. This role includes potential travel at short notice, including to hardship posting areas.
Contributing to internationally renowned work on established and emerging NDT processes, techniques and procedures, you will enjoy responsibility for and rapidly gain experience in a wide variety of NDT methods and techniques. We offer an excellent opportunity for career progression to the right candidate further developing NDT skills and qualifications in a strong NDT application environment.
The Section is also supporting the AMSCI funded project AssureNET. This project is a collaboration between SME's TWI and Academia to deliver a generic quality control method to improve a wide range of advanced net shape manufacturing processes. The aim of the project is to improve supply chains in advanced manufacturing, with supply chains defined as comprising companies who produce components or services that contribute to a finished product.
Job Profile: Senior NDT Technician
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: Monday 25th November 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below:
There are no downloads for this vacancy