Thermal Processing Engineer
Closing Date: 09/09/2019
Thermal Processing Technologies
Granta Park, Cambridge, UK
TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives.
The Thermal Processing Technologies team develops and delivers solutions for industry related to brazing, diffusion bonding, powder metallurgy and heat treatment. Materials of interest include aluminium alloys, stainless steels, titanium alloys, nickel base superalloys, ceramics and metal matrix composites (MMCs). We work with customers in the aerospace, oil & gas, automotive, medical and power generation sectors.
We are recruiting for a Thermal Processing Engineer at Project Leader or Senior Project Level. The role will involve bidding on and delivering a wide variety of technical projects ranging from blue-sky innovation projects to large publicly funded projects. This will require co-ordinating work across the wider TWI business to achieve the project goals.
• Manage projects within agreed budgets and timescales.
• Define processing and characterisation work to be completed, and analysing the results.
• Produce high quality reports and/or research papers arising from project work
• Respond to technical enquiries from clients with clear, accurate, comprehensive information.
• Work with colleagues to bid for publically funded research projects.
• Maintain and developing your own technical expertise and reputation.
• Conduct yourself in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors, Master’s degree, or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in Materials Science, Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Knowledge of metallurgy and materials characterisation.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) within a business environment.
• Good client interaction skills, preferably gained in an industrial or applied research environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The following skills/qualifications would be desirable:
• Work experience in one or more of the following technical areas: brazing, diffusion bonding, powder metallurgy, additive manufacturing, hot isostatic pressing, near net shape manufacturing, heat treatment, materials characterisation
• Understanding of engineering drawings, CAD modelling and design
The role requires some UK and global travel (approx. 5-15%) as required by the demands of project work and/or business development.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
Job Profile: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader
Job Role: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader, Technology
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: Monday 9th September 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below:
There are no downloads for this vacancy