Location: Manchester and Liverpool
The Military Preparation College has a highly successful skills department where we aim to create an environment that is positive, supportive and caring for all learners. We aim to build confidence, self-worth and empower learners to take responsibility for their own learning.
All training is delivered through a military theme providing the learner with the opportunity to develop their literacy and numeracy skills in a meaningful manner.
MPCT Skills Tutors provide support so that learners grow in confidence and progress into their chosen careers.
The role typically involves:
- managing a caseload of learners undertaking Functional Skills qualifications
- assessing learners’ skills and discussing goals
- monitoring and assessing students’ work
- using techniques to manage the learning process
- delivering team teaching and discrete teaching sessions (where appropriate).
- maintaining records
- guiding and supporting vocational instructors with the delivery of skills.
Applicants would be required to interview, assess and teach all levels of basic skills as part of a BTEC Public Services qualification. This person will be seen as a role model by the young people.
The following qualifications and competencies are desired (training will be given):
- PTLLS, CTTLS, DTTLS. Level 3 certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9483/9484) PGCE/Cert Ed.
- Teaching degree or qualified teacher status.
- Military knowledge/experience
Salary: £25000pa depending on experience