Please create an account to apply for this role
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for distributors, suppliers, resellers, wholesalers and merchants. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
The Commercial Software Support Department assists customers with queries and problems relating to the KCS application software post implementation. The Department also provides customers with a wide variety of other services including the installation of new software and customer training.
- Pro-actively taking ownership of a wide variety of calls and problems
- Ensuring all calls are dealt with efficiently and promptly in accordance with the Service Level Agreement
- Managing, prioritising and progressing their adopted calls
- Using the call logging system correctly and ensuring that calls are updated on a regular basis with actions undertaken
- Regularly updating customers regarding the status of their calls
- Effectively handling complaints and call escalation requests from customers
- Identifying calls that are not support calls and dealing with these following the correct procedures, for example after sales calls, chargeable support calls, modification and system change requests etc.
- Assisting less experienced members of the team with their calls
- Continually and pro-actively acquiring and retaining knowledge of KCS products and systems
- Working with members of the Support Team and other departments to ensure that customers receive a prompt efficient service
- Alerting Senior personnel and their Manager and/or any of the other Support Managers as necessary regarding any sensitive customer issues
- Following and applying the standard Commercial Software Support Procedures and Practices
- Taking the initiative and identifying ways in which the Support Service and/or Support Procedures can be improved and discussing these with their Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience in a customer-focused role in a service oriented environment
- A Computer Science degree, or degree with a large element of computing, or equivalent qualification
- A good knowledge of a structured programming language, JAVA or C++ will be preferred
- An understanding of databases
- Candidates will be working a weekly shift pattern of either 8.00am - 4.30pm and 9.30am – 6.00pm