Please create an account to apply for this role
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for distributors, suppliers, resellers, wholesalers and merchants. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively.
As the company grows, both organically and by acquisition, we have created a proactive HR function, with employees who are able to provide advice, support and guidance to both managers and employees with all aspects of HR.
In collaboration with the rest of the HR team, the HR Business Partner will support the operation of the UK business across several geographical locations by providing an effective and professional HR Service covering the full generalist remit. Your priorities are supporting defined business areas and key HR topics/specialisms, as agreed by your line manager. You will align to the overall business and HR strategy and offer fit for purpose recommendations to your business areas to ensure people strategy improvements are driven in a proactive, timely and efficient manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with senior managers and executive board members to ensure that employee management, performance, development and planning is aligned to business strategy.
- Advising and assisting managers with any potential and actual employee, work or remuneration issues including, but not limited to, disciplinary, grievance and performance management.
- Support the business as appropriate on HR related projects including organisational change projects Support and champion the businesses culture and values and ensure that the right leadership behaviours are in place to drive the achievement of business goals
- Maintaining a high-level overview of recruitment activity. Where required, acting as a point of escalation for issues or advice; and assisting with selection processes such as interviews
- Working with colleagues and managers to ensure new starters to the business are fully integrated into the company
- Manage data validation to ensure accuracy of central HR information to produce reports and dashboards for HR colleagues and Leaders as required
- Ensuring HR Systems are accurate and up to date including the assistance of managers and employees to self-serve
- Enabling the engagement and retention of employees through development and engagement activities
- Coaching and supporting individual employees, manager, senior management and executive board members, as required
- You will be able to work independently, with high skill and integrity; taking a hands-on approach interfacing with employees, managers and business leaders at all levels
- Advising on HR policy, process and best practice
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- HR Qualification (HR Degree/CIPD Level 5 or higher) or equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- A detailed knowledge of HR and practical, demonstrable experience
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Working knowledge of generalist HR roles and employment law
- Excellent IT (MS Office and HR Systems)
- Attention to detail
- Proactive Self-starter with a “can do” attitude who has the ability to work on their own initiative
- Team player
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in the software industry